online version is username_world, with a different
username and password. So I want to create a copy of
world named username_world.

Databases don't have usernames or passwords.

I created a new database named username_world and
started importing tables into it, until I hit a
snag...

MySQL said:

#1005 - Can't create table '.\cdcol\counties2.frm'
(errno: 150)

* * * * * * * * * *

The quickest, easiest strategy would be to simply
create a copy of my database. But I don't see any
"copy" commands, unless you do it with the export
function.

What connection does creating a copy of your database have to the error shown above? That is, why would creating a copy of your database make the error go away?

If so, would simply save it as a SQL file alongside your other databases?

Not sure what that means. What does it mean?

SQL
LaTeX
CSV for Ms Excel data
CSV data
XML

What does this list signify? You've presented it without explanation. Please explain.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA