Three quick questions, I hope you can help me.

Using InnoDB on version 4.0.18

Firstly.

It's possible to get information on a table.  Which includes the number
of rows.  This returns instantly.

However, if I do a SELECT COUNT(*) on the same table, this can take a
number of minutes to return.  (about 1 minute per 1,000,000 rows.)  I
was wondering why this is?  Is the count from the table information
accurate?

Secondly, the table stats return the size of the records and the size of
the index.  Is this the true size of the table in bytes?

Lastly and most important.

I want to store and access a large amount of sequential binary data.
Fixed record size.  Is it faster to access one data item per row.  Or is
it faster to access many data items (120+) aggregated into one row?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.