See answers in the message below.

Marc.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Ben Clewett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 4 juin 2004 10:37
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : Three quick questions about using MySQL

Three quick questions, I hope you can help me.

Using InnoDB on version 4.0.18

Firstly.

It's possible to get information on a table.  Which includes the number
of rows.  This returns instantly.
***** It is an estimate number of rows, Not the real one.

However, if I do a SELECT COUNT(*) on the same table, this can take a
number of minutes to return.  (about 1 minute per 1,000,000 rows.)  I
was wondering why this is?  Is the count from the table information
accurate?
***** Yes, This is the real number of rows.

Secondly, the table stats return the size of the records and the size of
the index.  Is this the true size of the table in bytes?
***** Yes it is.

Lastly and most important.

I want to store and access a large amount of sequential binary data.
Fixed record size.  Is it faster to access one data item per row.  Or is
it faster to access many data items (120+) aggregated into one row?
***** I should personnaly choose one row per data item, instead of an aggregate.

Thanks in advance,

Ben.