This is my first email to the list, so be nice ;-)

I'm having some difficulty with a subquery that I'm trying to do, and was
wondering if anyone here can shed some light on the issue...

This query returns a result as expected:
SELECT id FROM client_list WHERE name="Some Company"
(the id returned here is 3)

This query also returns a result as expected:
SELECT id FROM work WHERE client_id='3' ORDER BY id DESC;

Does anyone know why this one doesn't return any results?
SELECT id FROM work WHERE client_id='(SELECT id FROM client_list WHERE
name="Some Company")' ORDER BY id DESC;

Thanks for any help :)

-Daniel