> If you need it to work, I'm afraid you're out of luck.  Think about
> what a IN (x,y,z) means.  It's basically the same as a = x or a = y
> or a = z.  So wifi_list IN (NULL) is like wifi_list = NULL,
> which is never true.

Thanks for the reply Paul, and I get that NULL is a special case value, but
if "wifi_list IS NULL" works, then why doesn't "wifi_list = NULL"?

Logically they seem to be the same, is "IS" only used for NULL values or
something? Or in other words, it would make sense to me that I should be
able to say "wifi_list IS 3" instead of an = sign.