Sorry guys if I was not clear.
I have copied mysql-4.0.20a-win.zip to my computer. On the downloads page it is
suggested that I verify the integrity of the packages that I downloaded. I am trying
to fine out how to do this. I first have to unzip the file first.  Do I copy the code
from MD5 Checksum page? I guess I put the code into the same directory where I unzip
the file.
To run the md5sum package_name do I run it from the command prompt? Or do I have it
all wrong?

Thanks Guys.

Oh, I am running on a windows xp home edition machine. If that matters.

David Griffiths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think he's talking about download MySQL, and verifying the binary
using MD5.

There is a link right above the downloads for verification of the binary.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Verifying_Package_Integrity.html

The contents of the page @ that URL suggest using GNU Privacy Guard.

David