Please CC me, I am on digest.

What is an int(11) as in the following table creation statement? I looked online at the documentation, and not only is the documentation MUCH different than the last time I looked at it, (been awhile), but I didn't see anything related to a parameter to the size of an int field that looked like 11.

BTW, why does the make of the definition below have backtick quotes on all names?

CREATE TABLE  calendar_events` (
                             `eventID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
                             `eventTitle` varchar(20) default NULL,
                             `eventMessage` varchar(200) default NULL,
                             `eventTime` time default NULL,
                             `eventDate` date default NULL,
                             PRIMARY KEY  (`eventID`)
                           ) TYPE=MyISAM;