At 22:33 -0700 on 06/06/2004, David Blomstrom wrote about OT: Errors from Extra Spaces in Spreadsheets:

I've been having a tough time importing
comma-delimited files into my database tables. I just
discovered that most of the errors are similar to this
one:

"060 " is not a valid integer value

I checked my spreadsheet - Microsoft Works - and
discovered that there's a space after many of my
numerals. I'm not sure how to remove these spaces. I
didn't see anything in the Help files. I could do a
search and replace, but that would also wipe out
spaces between words  - like...

Tripp<space>County

I just wondered if there's a simple trick anyone knows
of for getting rid of spaces like these or preventing
them in the first place. Thanks.

Assuming that these are not the last fields in the record a simple Search/Replace operation in a Text Processor would handle this:

 Find = space"," <- note that space is an actual space not the word
 Replace = ","

I note you mention S/R but you need to be more specific on what you are searching for (as I listed above) and not just look for spaces.