Hi Michael,

Thankyou for your reply, unfortunately I am unable to use InnoDB tables...

From: Michael Stassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: shaun thornburgh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED],  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: DELETE from more than one table
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:50:39 -0400

The manual says ON DELETE CASCADE with foreign keys is available for InnoDB tables starting with mysql 3.23.50 <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/InnoDB_foreign_key_constraints.html>.

Michael

shaun thornburgh wrote:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply but unfortunately I am still using version 3.23.54 and I am unable to change it!

From: "Robert A. Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At 14:01 +0000 on 06/07/2004, shaun thornburgh wrote about Re: DELETE from more than one table:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

I actually need to delete data from about 10 tables, is this possible?

If the field in the tables is defined as a Foreign Key (with ON DELETE CASCADE), deleting the root key will do this (you can then insert it if you did not want to delete it but only the records that pointed at it). I do not know how helpful this is.