Eric Lommatsch wrote:

Hello,

We had a situation over night where users were getting the error message:

"[My SQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.13-nt] Can't open file: flex. MYI:
[error : 145]"

I found that .MYI file had become corrupted and I repaired the table and
things are working as they should now.

However the reason that I am sending this email is that my end users want to
know why this index had become corrupted.

My first thought is that something had happened while a record was being
writen to the table which caused the index to be corrupted.

Does anyone have any other suggestions as to why the index file for a table
might become corrupted so that I can explain this to my end users.

We usually find that a user got impatient and hit the reset button while other people were also processing.

Thank you

Eric H. Lommatsch
Programmer
MICRONix, Inc.