Hello,

I have a fairly complicated and large MySQL installation that I need to add
a new slave server to and I'm uncertain about the best way to get this done
with the least risk to my live environment and least downtime of my existing
masters. I'm hoping that someone here can suggest the best way for me to do
this.

Here's the setup:

ServerA (Redhat 9, MySQL 4.0.16)
  Replicates 4 dbs from ServerB
  Replicates 2 dbs to ServerB

ServerB (RedHat 9, MySQL 4.0.16)
  Replicates 4 dbs to ServerA
  Replicates 2 dbs from ServerA
  Has 19 other dbs

I need to add ServerC which would contain replicas of all 23 dbs
(which is about 60gb of data total). ServerC is a RedHat 7.3 server and
would be running MySQL 4.0.20.

The problem is that those dbs contain a mixture of InnoDB and MyISAM tables
How do I get a consistent snapshot of those dbs and get the replication set
up?

Is it safe to just shutdown ServerB, copy all of the mysql data dir (including
the ibdata files) to ServerC, restart ServerB, and then change the my.cnf of
ServerC to set a new server-id, master-host, replicate-do-db entries and start
ServerC?

Is there anything else that needs to be done to ensure the consistency of
the data and that the replication will work as expected?

If this isn't the best way to set up replication for an already-running
server with a mixture of InnoDB and MyISAM tables, what is?

Thanks,

Tabor