I'm using MySQL version 4.0.18. I have two datetime columns in the same
table, one that represents a start time and the other that represents an end
time. I would like to write a query that will show the difference between
these two columns in a HH:MM:SS format. The values of the two columns as
inserted into the table are never be separated by more than a few hours, but
could span a day boundary, i.e the start time could be late one day end the
end time early the next day, so the date will have to be taken into
consideration for the calculation. Looking at the docs, it appears that
version 4.1.x has a lot more date/time functions, but I'm wondering if
something similar can be arrived at under the version that I am using.

Dirk Bremer - Systems Programmer II - ESS/AMS  - NISC St. Peters
USA Central Time Zone
636-922-9158 ext. 8652 fax 636-447-4471

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.nisc.cc