On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:43 , Santino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>Hello,
>
>I sent a message to sales in order to have more info about licenses
>but I have not received any reply, so I post to the list hoping
>someone has any experience on it.
>
>A customer asks me to develop a Web-Application (Intranet) tobrowse
>their photos and PDFs, so I'm going to prepare, with a reseller, a
>document with costs (Hardware, Software, Support, Training, etc.).
>
>The customer needs 2 licenses of MySql because the application will
>be installed on 2 servers  (primary & backup).
>
>May I buy (and pay) the licenses and tranfers (resell MySql server
>with my application) to a hardware reseller that will sell the System
>(HW, SW, technical support) to the customer via a leasing company?

http://www.mysql.com/products/licensing/faq.html

I am nto the best with license-lingo - but since you are developing a project for a
customer, and they are going to redistribute the software via
commercial means - then you dont have to purchase - now if you were developing this on
your own and wanting to sell it to the customer,
then as long as you provide all the source code, you can  use mysql free -

The time to buy is when you want to develop an application and not provide source

OR - you want some kick-ass customer support from the mysql  team

once again - not sure - read the link

>What kind of document let the user use, according legal issues, MySql
>(My and reseller invoices)?
>

>Thank you.
>Santino Cusimano
>
>--

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref.com
<A href="http://www.prupref.com";>Prudential</A><A
href="http://www.prupref.com";>Chicago Real Estate</A>

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com
Success Driven By Results