INDEXes grasshopper, INDEXes.

--On Sunday, June 13, 2004 11:26 -0700 David Blomstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have a MySQL table with about 3,500 rows and 30
columns.  There are rows for each of the world's
nations, each of the 50 states, some 3,000 U.S.
counties, Canada's provinces, etc. Obviously, I can't
display the entire table on a web page.

But even when I do an operation that displays just a
single cell, it takes a long, long time to load. So
I'm thinking of splitting the table into three tables
- Nations, States and Counties.

But I wanted to make sure I'm not doing something
wrong first. I thought dynamic tables were supposed to
process very quickly and that the loading time was
associated primarily with the amount of data you want
to display on a page. Am I wrong?

-- Michael Loftis Modwest Sr. Systems Administrator Powerful, Affordable Web Hosting