While doing a "Load table from master", "show slave status"
will hang (like it is locked, but processlist will not show
it as locked) on MySQL 4.0.20... is this a bug or a feature?
I don't remember earlier versions doing this.

Also: I still experience mysql crashes after loading a few large
tables (3-4 tables, each 2-4 GByte of data) from a master.

(slave: MySQL 4.0.20, compiled from src RPM, x86_64,
        SUSE 7.1
 master: MySQL 4.0.17, from binary mysql.com RPM, i386,
         RHAS 2.1)

Johannes Ullrich                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
contact: http://johannes.homepc.org/contact.htm