From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:17 PM
Subject: starting mysql server

Hello all,

I have installed mysql and in one of the tutorials it has told me to do
the following:

"You can start the MySQL server with the following command:

     shell> ./bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &"

However when I did this I got the following:

linskull:/home/mikem/local/mysql # ./bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /home/mikem/local/mysql/data
040617 10:37:40  mysqld ended