4 or 5 tables is pretty small.  We've got about 200 tables here, some
containing over 100 million rows which still runs well on a simple PIII
test server.

You are definitely better off having one database serve this data.  If
you want a backup, the MySQL replication stuff works very well.

--
. Garth Webb
. [EMAIL PROTECTED]