Get the recently published book from Jeremy Zawodny. It's excellent. Very easy to understand and goes through all the admin stuff. It has a chapter dedicated to replication and explains in simple concise steps how to set up replication. It demonstrates many different types of replication configurations from simple master-slave to multi-master/multi-slave configurations. It also has excellent material on backup strategies and much more.

The book is called "High Performance MySQL" and published by O'Reilly ..... really great book. I bought mine on Amazon. It is aimed at intermediate to advanced users. Read the Amazon comments and feedback for more details.

-Kieran

Config = OS X 10.3.4 / Java 1.4.2 / WO 5.2.3 / XCode v1.2 / MySQL 4.0.20 / Connector-J 3.0.11
Blog: http://webobjects.webhop.org/