I'm using mysql-3.23.58-1.9 installed from RPM on Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike). First, I create a database and user to connect to this database using the following commands:

  mysql> CREATE DATABASE foo;
  mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON foo.* TO foo@'%'
    IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
  mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON foo.* TO [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH GRANT OPTION;
  mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Then, I try to connect to the database using the host parameter but I get the following error message:

  # mysql --user=foo --password=password -h host foo
  ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

I've only managed to find a single thread about this issue which was a bug in the installation of mysql on RedHat 7. Many months have gone by since then so I wonder if this is still the same issue.

--
Marc Tardif
Sitepak