Hello,

this weekend, one of our caching nameservers failed. Since then, all mysql-connects were running very slow. I removed the failing nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf. Later, I was setting up another caching nameserver instead and inserted it in /etc/resolv.conf. I rebooted the mysql-machine. Nothing helped so far. What does mysql take so long to connect? I guess it's some sort of lookup, but I don't know what in detail. Since there's no failing nameserver anymore, I don't understand, why it is still taking so long. Is it performing ident lookups also? How can I check which nameserver mysql is using? I also tried --skip-name-resolve in the mysqld-startup, but this also didn't help. But connecting from localhost is fast as always.

Regards
Marten