Good morning.  Not knowing too much about PHP it looks like you are
searching for
`name`,`colour`,`gender`,`breed`,`location`,`description`
Where there is a whitespace in the name.

Could you use,

$query_results = sprintf("SELECT * FROM dogslost WHERE
`name` LIKE '% %'", $crit_results);

God Bless

Paul C. McNeil
Developer in Java, MS-SQL, MySQL, and web technologies.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
To God Be The Glory!