well,
you can easily output into a comma separated file but the INTO OUTFILE option will not
allow you to retain the headers. You will need to build the logic into a perl script
or language of your choice to get the headers there. Sounds like your fields records
are all on one line becausing you're not ending lines with a new line... try this.
SELECT Fields FROM databasename WHERE (criteria) INTO OUTFILE
'pathtofile/filename.csv' FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\,' OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '\"' LINES
TERMINATED BY '\n'";
i hope this helps...