Thanx Peter,
But I have no tables set up yet.
I just installed MySQL
I'm try to set remote access (for using Dreamweaver)
on a local network.
I thought I had to set permission?
a friend on the FreeBSD mailing list
sent three different user accounts to set up:

All Privileges(able to create DB and tables)

Select Privilges (able to insert, update, delete
current data)

Read Only.
Right now I can access MySQL with root, but I don't
want others doing that.

I bought a book on MySql, and have read what I thought
was the pertinant parts of the handbook???
I am an ASP/VBscript/Access kind of guy, and am just
learning PHP/MySQL
I think part of my problem is transitioning over.

Leon

--- Peter Lovatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi
>
> the error is because you have more or fewer items of
> data than fields or
> columns to put it in
>
> it is better practice to include fields in your
> query
>

> INSERT   INTO sometable
>               (
>             field1