on 06/27/2004 11:31 PM, Scott Haneda at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> So, I need to basically:
> SELECT iamge_title, image_filename, image_url, image_width, image_height
> from images where user_id = '123';
>
> Then, take that result and insert all those rows in the same table, setting
> type='2' and added=NOW()
>
> I think I need to do a subselect, the docs are really sparse on examples,
> and I don't see how to change the 2 values I need to change.

I may have just made this work in my simple testing, unless someone can tell
me a better, way, this is what I came up with:

insert into images (user_id, image_title, image_filename, image_url, type,
added) select user_id, image_title, image_filename, image_url, '4', NOW()
from newsletter_images where user_id = '123';

So basically, since I need to select the SAME fields I am inserting, just
select the 2 that I need to change the data in, ignore what they may or may
not have, and drop in hard values in the select statement.