Victor,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, i cannot find such an option and want to see if i have missed something.

Referring to Innodb transaction log, I do some more searching and would like to
confirm what i found from the web (this information is not available in MySQL
documentation)

. Transaction Log file is the redo log and can be overwritten by the a single
transaction

. Undo Log is stored in the innodb tablespace and used for rollback of uncommitted
transaction. According to the quota below (from "ACID Transaction  in MySQL with
InnoDB" by Arjen Lentz)

Writing uncommitted data to the tablespace (with checkpoints) ensures that transaction
size is not limited by memory or log file size, but simply by the size of the
tablespace

Therefore, I do not need to increate the log file size even though a single Load Data
statement insert millions rows.

For those innodb expert, please inform me whether my conculsion is right or wrong.

Thanks & Regards,
Michael

Victor Pendleton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I do not believe this is currently an option in the `load data infile`
syntax. One option would be to read the file programmatically and issue the
commits after `x` number of inserts.