Jocelyn Fournier wrote:
Hi,

AFAIK 4.1.3 should be beta.

It is a little frustrating,

at Linux Conf Adelaide 2004 (January), the Mysql guy there said that 4.1 would be in beta, in the next few weeks ...

Its now July and its still in Alpha.

It says on the webpage "MySQL 4.1 -- Alpha release (use this for new development)" - and it has said that for 6months+

So we did our development on 4.1, and were expecting it to be beta by February 2004.

We're ready to roll it out as soon as it hits beta, i told my boss it would be in beta by March 2004 at the latest. We now have hardware sitting for around with 4.1 alpha on it that cannot be deployed.

Does anyone actually have a concrete date when 4.1 will go into beta?

Cheers

Jon

--
Jonathan Soong