Hello Tom,

TC> My question is this:
TC> Would I be better keeping this format and inserting multiple rows on each
TC> submit, or to have one row for all 81 variables ($name, 20 x Position, 20 x
TC> Artists, 20 x Titles, 20 x Labels.)
TC> I know that the latter will be easier to query.

Table design aside - you need to ask yourself this:

How often will this multiple insert be occurring? Sure, you are
performing 20 inserts one after the other, but if you only do this
once an hour then it really isn't as much of an issue as you think I
don't believe.

Try and balance out the admin / code headache that would be an 81 column
table vs. exactly how often this is even an issue anyway.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde