From: "starofframe" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> CanIt Vote for ID 62298InnoDB still has the major issue about the slow
access of database...
> I use mysql database for website..
For a new application we're building we performed some tests to decide upon
MyISAM/InnoDB and two table lay-outs. We ran two processing which constantly
did inserts, deletes and updates and two processes which performed various
queries. We tried to run the test until we reached 500,000 records and
wanted to find out the speed of the various queries versus the number of
records in the database.
We started most test in the afternoon and had to terminate the MyISAM tests
in the following morning with only approx. 50.000 records in the database.
The InnoDB versions reached the 500,000 limit without a problem.

The results showed that InnoDB is slower than MyISAM for very small record
sets (which we knew, but we had to know how much slower/faster with our
servers) or when the read/write ratio is either very high or very low.
For our situation with high concurrency (equal amounts of reads/writes) and
a reasonably big recordset InnoDB won hands down...

>   From: Daniel Kasak
>   starofframe wrote:
>   >I've read that MyIsam type table doesnt have the "referential
integrity" function...
Correct.

>   >I hav tried to find other 3rd party s/w that can solve the issue.
The program / script that uses MySQL data can manage the integrity issues.

>   >Finally I read from PhpMyAdmin documentation that "recently PhpMyAdmin
can check referential Integrity"
>   >but I still dont know how to do it after reading the documentation for
some times....
I gues they mean that PhpMyAdmin supports referential integrity for InnoDB
tables?

Regards, Jigal.