On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Chuck Barnett wrote:

> Hello, I have a huge problem that you guys may be able to help me with.
>
> I did a mysqldump   all databases into a sql71.sql file.
>
> when I try and I get the following error when trying to restore
>
> ERROR 1050 at line 204528: Table 'columns_priv' already exists
>
> I'm sure that this is for the mysql database.
>
> Im doing this to restore
> mysql --user=root -p < sql71.sql
>
> please give me some help on this....the .sql file is 170+megs in size.

It's best to backup databases individually and then you can restore all
of them except for the mysql control database, which is clearly present
in your case.

About the only thing I can think of is to open your sql71.sql dump and
edit out the mysql database. This will fix the problem but you will need
to use a system with a lot of free memory to do the edit.

Hope this helps.

Andy