Hi,

I would like to use logrotate to manage the log files generated by MySQL.
I used the command "mysqladmin flush-logs" to close the log file. However,
the sql command displayed on the query log is "Refresh".

According to the information from this forum, command "flush logs" should
be used instead of 'refresh" (for performance reason).

If i issue the "flush logs" command directly using mysql, the query log
show 'flush logs'.  Is this a problem on mysqladmin.

Version used : 4.0.20

Regards,
Michael

KMB E-mail Disclaimer

This e-mail may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information and is intended for the attention and use of the
addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this
message, you must not copy, use or disclose any part of its
contents. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this
message from your system.

The KMB Group and each of its affiliates and the sender of this
message shall not be responsible or liable for any errors or omissions
in the contents of this message as secure or error free e-mail
transmission cannot be guaranteed. Information sent via e-mail
could arrive late or contain viruses or be intercepted, corrupted,
lost, destroyed, or incomplete. Unless otherwise stated, any
information given in this message is indicative only and is subject to
our formal written confirmation.