Heikki Tuuri wrote:

Not sure you want that, the file is 44MB uncompressed, and only talks
about the errors reading communication packets. Makes for some really
boring reading ;) The InnoDB error I managed to figure out - I once
upped max_connections without doing the math, and the machine was
exhausting physical RAM. So I backed off max_connections and the really
ugly errors are now gone :)

ok, good. It was then a hang caused by excessive OS swapping or something
like that.

Definitely a 'user error' and not caused by InnoDB or MySQL.

But I still do not have a solution to my error logs filling up with the
connection error, which is now unfortunately every 1 to 2 seconds...
The machines are connected with gigabit ethernet, and have been running
without trouble for at least three months - and now are filling up the
error logs. Any ideas, anybody? Bueller?

I think those ugly warnings will again be removed in the next 4.0 release.
They were instroduced to 4.0.xx accidentally.

Thanks Heikki, as long as I know it is a known error I am happy to wait (and truncate my error logs)... :^)

-- Mitch