My hosting company is running MySQL 3.23.54-log. I have a problem where I am
requesting DISTINCT rows, but am getting repeats. Here is my query:

select distinct member.ID as ID from member, address, joinstatuschange,
specialtyheld, metroalias where address.memberID = member.ID and
specialtyheld.memberID = member.ID and metroalias.memberID = member.ID and
joinstatuschange.memberID = member.ID and joinstatuschange.Reference =
'current' and JoinStatusID in (4,7,11) and BlockFAP = 0 and (SpecialtyID =
'9' or SpecialtyID = '' or SpecialtyID = '') and State = 'MI' order by
rand()

When I run this on MySQL 3.23.54-log I get 78 rows, with many dups. When I
move the DB to MySQL 4.0.18-standard and run the query I get 21 rows, no
dups.

Is this a known bug? Is there any work around, besides upgrading (which is
planned but not immediately).

Thanks!

~ Mike
-----
Mike Zornek
Web Designer, Media Developer, Programmer and Geek
Personal site: <http://MikeZornek.com>