Hello:

We are using mysql 4.0.17 on Linux

We have installed a mysql database on our our server.  The data and log
files are stored on an external SCSI disk array which is connected to
our server using FC cable connected to SCSI port. The mysql process is
running on the local machine but the data and logs are stored on the
disk array.

When there is an accidental communication breakdown between disk array
and server on which mysql process is running (e.g, pulling out FC
cable), this is being detected by our scripts and then we are trying to
shutdown the mysql process by using mysqladmin shutdown option.  However
this command hangs and does not complete.

We tried the --force option also with the mysqladmin shutdown command,
but it still hung.

Does anybody have any suggestion/solution.

Thanks,
Ravi