Hello,

I would like to mention a potential bug with using the silent install
feature of mySQL with the mysql-4.0.20d-win.zip for windows. I have
WindowsXP Professional for an OS. I was setting up mySQL to generate a
setup.iss file. I found that the setup.iss file that was generated did
not have the correct content when I tried to use it resulting in an
error code of -3 in the setup.log file. I was able to modify the
setup.iss file through inspection and trial & error  to get it working
which I think will help you to determine where the problem is. The first
version below is the raw setup.iss file generated by running > setup /r.
The second version is the modified version that works. I had to modify
the szDir  before the [Application] entry so that setup.exe could find
the application on a silent install which is the current working
directory in my case. The empty szDir= is bad. I also question why that
field is even there. It gets put there as blank no matter what type of
install I choose (typical, custom, compact).

Regards,

Kevin Byrne

Vital Images Inc

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

RAW VERSION generated by >setup /r

[InstallShield Silent]

Version=v4.90.000

File=Response File

[DlgOrder]

Dlg0=SdWelcome-0

Count=5

Dlg1=SdShowInfoList-0

Dlg2=SdAskDestPath-0

Dlg3=SetupType-0

Dlg4=SdFinish-0

[SdWelcome-0]

Result=1

[SdShowInfoList-0]

Result=1

[SdAskDestPath-0]

szDir=C:\mysql

Result=1

[SetupType-0]

Result=301

szDir=

[Application]

Name=MySQL Servers and Clients 4.0.20d

Version=MySQL Servers and Clients 4.0.20d

Company=MySQL AB

[SdFinish-0]

Result=1

bOpt1=0

bOpt2=0

Modified Version that works properly. Note that the szDir field prior to
the [Application] entry was modified to be ".\". Note that it is blank
up above. Note knowing your code internals I can't go any further to
explain why your setup.exe cannot find the setup.exe (which is in the
current working directory) on a silent install.