On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 06:23:45PM +0800, Linda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My old mysql is 3.23.56 on RedHat9(Intel). After moving mySQL to
> Solaris 9 (Sun F280R/2GB Memory) and upgrading mySQL to 4.0.20, I
> got a lot of complaints about the performance for select and
> update. Have anyone can tell me if there is anything I should tune
> for Solaris or MySQL to improve the performance.

Without knowing what sort of bottlenecks you're seeing, it's really
hard to say.  What's the resource limit?  CPU?  Disk?  RAM?

BTW, I've found Sun boxes of that vintage (I have MySQL on a 280R
also) to be quite a bit slower than much cheaper Intel hardware.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

[book] High Performance MySQL -- http://highperformancemysql.com/