Hi All,

I migrated the data from Oracle to MySQL.The following query works fine with Oracle
whereas in MySql its hanging.

SELECT distinct caty.name, caty.c_id, caty.notes, count(distinct segs.in_id) as num
FROM segs, caty, st_mbers, t_mbers, p_mbrs, pr_mbers
where segs.c_id = caty.c_id and caty.c_id=st_mbers.c_id and st_mbers.st_id =
t_mbers.st_id and t_mbers.t_id = p_mbers.t_id and
p_mbers.p_id = pr_mbers.p_id and pr_mbers.p_id = 1 group by st_caty.c_id,
st_caty.name, st_caty.notes order by st_caty.name

Following are the table structures with Row count in each table.

CREATE TABLE segs(
       s_id             INT(12) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
       c_id             INT(12) NULL ,
       text                     VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       lookup           VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       in_id            INT(12) NULL,
       prr_d            VARCHAR(12) NULL,
       nxt_d            VARCHAR(12) NULL,
       descn            VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       notes                    VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       s_st_id          INT(12) NULL,
       versn            FLOAT(10,4) NULL,
       mesg_type                VARCHAR(50) NULL
);
Row count 34700

CREATE TABLE caty(
       c_id             INT(12) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
       name                     VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       notes                    VARCHAR(255) NULL,
       version          FLOAT(10,4)
);

Row count 281

CREATE TABLE st_mbers(
       st_id            INT(12) NULL,
       c_id             INT(12) NULL,
      version                   FLOAT(10,4) NULL,
     st_mber_id INT(12) NOT NULL
);
Row count 1362

CREATE TABLE t_mbers(
       t_id             INT(12) NOT NULL,
       st_id            INT(12) NULL,
       seq_nbr          INT(12) NULL,
       version                  FLOAT(10,4) NULL,
       t_mber_id        INT(12) NOT NULL
);

Row count 1260

CREATE TABLE p_mbers (
       p_id            INT(12) NOT NULL ,
       t_id            INT(12) NULL ,
       seq_nbr         INT(12) NULL,
       notes                     TEXT NULL,
       version                   FLOAT(10,4) NULL,
       p_mber_id         INT(12) NOT NULL
);

Row Count 2198
CREATE TABLE pr_mbers(
       pr_id    INT(12) NULL,
       p_id     INT(12) NULL,
       seq_nbr  INT(12) NULL,
      pr_mbr_id INT(12) NOT NULL
);

Row Count 294

Help me in solving this hanging issue. I tried the same with both Linux and Windows XP
but without any success. I tried with one record in each table mentioned above and its
working fine. Kindly guide me in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

regards
msjeyabalan

     CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION

This e-mail transmission and any attachments may contain confidential
information belonging to the sender.  The information is intended solely for
the use of the individual(s) or entities addressed.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any copying, disclosing,
distributing, or use of this e-mail and/or attachment is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete the message and all attachments.