Hi all,

I have an audio tracks info table, let's call it Tracks;

every Track can have one or more ' Character' ( it is not a genre, it is something like 'Italian' or 'International' or '80's' or 'evergreen' )

so a track can be 'International' and 'Evergreen', or 'Italian' and '70's')

I have three tables to handle this:

Track
Character
Track_Character ( the intermediate table to handle the Track-Characters connection)

Now, if I want to search all tracks, let's say by title, and have for every track its data and its characters codes, I'm doing something like:

select track.*, track_character.id_character from track left join track_character on track.track_id = track_character.track id where track_title = '%something%' order by track_title

this seems to work, but it is VERY VERY slow, and I'm working with only 4000-5000 track records, most of them having only one track_character record. It can last up to 120 seconds if I leave the title blank, resulting on all tracks listed.

Any Idea on how could I optimize this?

Thanx in advance,

       Giulio

Cantoberon Multimedia srl