A beta takes as long as a beta takes.  That is really
the nature of beta testing.  As for an approximate
timeline, I've heard various quotes, but most people
seem to think somewhere late third quarter that the
release will be marked "stable."

4.1.3 is really quite stable and you should have very
few problems with it.  If you are developing a new
product and you need features that are available only
in the 4.1 release, then you are highly encouraged to
test the release.  By doing so you help to move the
beta forward because in the unlikely event that you do
find any problems you can report them and they will
get resolved.