Hello,

I found a question about Oracle 2 MySQL replication in the
archive on Sep. 2001 but no mention since?

We have a  department using Oracle 8.1.7 and I'm running MySQL
4.0 and neither of us wants to change :-)

I could call a Perl, C++ or Java program from cron to periodically
update the MySQL instance from Oracle but was hoping to use a
trigger/stored procedure to initiate the update so it seems more
real time.  Does this seem possible?

Of course it may turn out non-trivial to write the synchronization
code so I'll take suggestions on that front also.

Thanks for any ideas,
-Carl Edwards