Hello,

Is there any way to fix a connection of replication
from slave host when user on slave host noticed
that the connection of replication had been lost?

Now I have a following environment.

MySQL Master server   <== replication ==> MySQL Slave server

Both server has
Turbo Linux 8.0 WS
MySQL-4.0.18.

Master has a global IP address and has good network performance.
Slave is connected to Internet with 64kbps.

By a network problem, the connection between slave server
and Internet often drops.
So I want to make a command like "mysql_synchronize" which
tries to fix the connection of replication immediately.

I think that a possible script for the command is like

mysql --host=master_host -e "show master status"
# memory  master_log_pos and master_log_file
mysql --host=slave_host -e \
"stop slave; start slave; select master_pos_wait('master_log_file',master_log_pos);"

Are there any better script?

Now I am using following parameters (these are default values).

slave_net_timeout=3600
master-connect-retry=60

I think these values should be decreased in my environment.

slave_net_timeout=30
master-connect-retry=10

If I use above values, it will not be necessary to use "mysql_synchronize".
But I think these values cause a wasting network traffic.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
Yasumitsu Ito