What is the amout of volume? Are you reaching max connections? What does the
I/0 look like?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: s.ahmad
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 7/14/04 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: No Response from Server

Have you checked your slow query log and your error logs?  Depending on
your usage patterns, you may need to optimize some of your queries.  Is
your MySQL server sharing CPU time with any other applications? How
many?
Could they be the cause of your CPU usage spike?

To the list: (This may or may not be related to his problem) Could
several
low-speed connections tie up CPU resources while transferring large
outbound datasets?  As a list member, would you think that installing a
"cache server" to buffer the outbound data would help? (Something like a
print spooler but for his outbound network data).

Regards,
Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

                      "s.ahmad"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      il.com>                  cc:

                                               Fax to:

                      07/13/2004 02:28         Subject:  No Response
from Server
                      AM

Hello,
 Dear All,

i'm now a days having quite big problem, i would like to get help from
you guyz, ...  we have Railways Reservation System of whole country
hosted on our servers which is purely in php MYSQL.

problem is that when the country wide offices start working, our
server CPU uUsage goes upto 99% and oftenly it chokes the server. We
tried it on blank server with only 1 site hosted. the server specs
were

1 GB RAM
Xeon Dual Processor
100 GB HDD

but same, a blank serevr was also choked by the usage. This started
happening bcz. DB is growing day by day and is quite big in size. Can
any body tell me what can i do. Should i use MYSQL Clusters or any
other thing ... i'll be so gratefull

regards,
s.ahmad
Lahore, Pakistan