In the last episode (Jul 14), J S said: > Thanks for your reply. Can I just check my syntax is right for > creating the key? > > CREATE INDEX urlindex ON internet_usage (time); > > I ran this before but got an error 27 (eventhough the filesize ulimit > was set to unlimited). So just wondered if I was using the wrong > syntax?

Getting errno 27 (as opposed to a "table is full" message or a signal
25/SIGXFSZ) usually means you're running Linux on a filesystem that
doesn't support large file (ext2 for example), on a kernel too old to
support large files, or a mysqld not compiled for large file support.

Since your table is currently at least 10GB, I'm not sure why it just
started complaing now :)  The combination of your existing index plus
this new one will bump the .MYI file over the 2GB point, but I don't
think that should be a problem.

--

I am using AIX and the filesystem is large file enabled. I'm using the mysql max db binary downloaded off the mysql site as well. Do you know if that would have large file support compiled in? I don't know why it's complaining about the size because I'm running a backup of the database at the moment and that's already 20GB on the same filesystem.