Hello All,

I hope someone can shed some light on this problem...

This concerns large InnoDB tables (having on the order of millions of rows).

When I run ALTER TABLE (for example, to change the default column value) or UPDATE or
DELETE queries that affect many rows, mysqld-max crashes and apparently gets restarted
by mysqld_safe. This also seems to hang the web server that runs on the same machine
and maintains connections with the database. Of course, the query does not complete.

I'm using mysql version 4.0.16 on Red Hat 9 Linux, kernel 2.4.20.

Thanks in advance,

Sergei