On Monday 19 July 2004 12:12, charitha wrote:
> Hi, You just check the entry in your /etc/my.cnf file where your .sock
> file is configured

my.conf says for server and client configuration:
socket = /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock

So the path is correct

> if it is not this path then change it and restart mysqld and find it
> working :-)

... but it still doesn't work...

I checked the runlevel editor where mysql was not started, so it's no miracle
it doesn't work! After ahving the new Mysql 4.0 Server installed, I started
that service in runlevel editor and now it ssems to work!

Laurent

--
Linux is like an Indian tent: no Windows, no Gates, and an Apache inside!