hi...

saw your post with your remote mysql issues...

a number of issues/question need to be answered... to begin, are your
machines (client/server) linux/windows boxes? is iptables/firewall app
running on either or both boxes? what version of linux/windows/mysql are you
running? how are you attempting to connect to the mysql/server from the
client? do you have complete access to change/modify the mysql database
tables on the mysql server machine?

i'm not sure of your background, but when you understand the issues
surrounding remote database access, it's really not that hard to setup. you
just need to be careful, because there are things that can screw you up.

when you get the answers to the above questions, i can try to help you get
everything setup to do a remote access.

basically, to setup mysql for remote access, requires that you grant
permission/privs to a given user(s) for a given database/table. this process
can be as restrictive/open as you want!! which for security, means you have
to start knowing what you're doing, if you're going to allow the mysql
server/your client app access to the outside world!

in the mean time, check out
>>http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Default_privileges.html. it discusses
the art of setting privs/granting privs for users/databases.

good luck/let us know the answers....

-bruce