Help needed.

To have the possibility to make a nodeview in visual basic, I have made a child-parent relation in one of my tables.
Table fields:
TTNodeId (autonumber, indicating a node)
NodeParent (NodeNumber of the parent)
NodeLevel (Level of the node)
NodeName (Name of the node)

To make it readable for the users, not the nodeid is printed but the nodename as a full name (example 2143.1.20.100)
this is a node on level 4 with a nodename '100' and a parent with nodename '20'
The visualization is done with visual basic, but takes a lot of time. I have seen that it should be possible to make a function in MySql that can do this operation.

Is such a function already available ???? or how do I start
--

Peter Bruggink

Manager mechanical Design
+31 76 5792732

*Steelweld BV*
Terheijdenseweg 169
The Netherlands

www.steelweld.com <http://www.steelweld.com/>

*DISCLAIMER* The information transmitted is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

This mail has been checked for all known viruses by McAfee Virusscan.