At 11:26 -0700 7/21/04, ginger cheng wrote:
Hello, MySQL gurus,
I just installed mysql 4.0.20 on an athlon i686 linux red hat. Then I copy the my-huge.cnf to /etc/my.cnf and only added these 2 lines to the file

[safe_mysqld]
err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/lib/mysql/host.pid

when I use 'sudo -b mysqld_safe --user=mysql' to start mysql, there are always 10 processes of mysql server running. I double checked there is no 'mysql-multi' in my.cnf and I don't have such a file under /var/lib/mysql or my home dir. Could any one give me some clue of what's going on?

They're threads of the same process, not multiple processes. This is normal.

The number of threads at startup can vary depending on how your server
is configured.  For example, if you start the server with --skip-innodb,
you'll likely see three threads rather than ten.

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA