Hello All,

We recently upgraded our mysql server from 3.23 to 4.0.18 and have found
that all of our Unicode characters are now being displayed as question marks
(?). Anyway this only happens when viewing over the web as when we view via
the shell mysql we can see the characters fine. In addition if we update our
information in the database or insert new Unicode data we have no problems
seeing it. Basically it is just the old data that is in the database that we
have problems seeing via the web. Any ideas would be great.

Stefan Klopp

---