I finally know what the problem is.

The problem is the new ODBC Driver (3.51.08). I wasn't sure until today,
because i uninstalled it (at least that's what i tried) and installed
version 3.51.06 again. But when i went to see the MyODBC3.DLL file it was
still version 3.51.08!! So i deleted this and MyODBC3D.DLL files,
installed driver 3.51.06 again and now the datetime fields are working...
is it a bug?

----- Forwarded by Félix Beltrán Ramos/dap on 21/07/2004 08:21 p.m. -----

Félix Beltrán Ramos/dap
15/07/2004 11:30 p.m.

Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject
Re: 'x' on blob field when retrieving records

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem on another computer.
I executed this query on control center and no longer get the 'x'...

update table set blob_field=null
where blob_field is null or blob_field=''

but problems continues... when i build a query that includes a datetime
field, i get weird information. I debuged the application and instead of
the datetime information, the recordset returns an string of 19 bytes...
The grid on the UI interprets this information like japanese (or other)
characters.

Looks like the problem is in the ODBC driver, because another cliente
machine connected to the same database doesn't get that results, and if
the computer with this problem connects to another server with an
identical database, it gets the same results...

Has anyone ever seen this before??

FBR

Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
14/07/2004 10:44 a.m.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc
[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject
Re: 'x' on blob field when retrieving records

Hi!

On Jul 13, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a query like this
>
> select hex(blob_field) as myField from table
>
> When the blob field is empty ('') it returns 'x'.
>
> i'm using ADO with Visual Basic and MyODBC 3.51.
> MySQL Version is 4.0.18 and SO is Win XP Pro (also happens on Windows
2K)

If you can provide a repeatable test case, please submit a bugreport at
bugs.mysql.com

So far I was not able to repeat it:

mysql> create table a (b blob);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> insert a values (NULL), (''), (0), ('aaa');
Query OK, 4 rows affected (0.02 sec)
Records: 4  Duplicates: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> select hex(b) from a;
+--------+
| hex(b) |
+--------+
| NULL   |
| 30     |
| 616161 |
4 rows in set (0.01 sec)

Regards,
Sergei

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   Sergei Golubchik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>