Hello,

        I have a mysql server that VM is killing about once every two weeks. Now my
sar utility shows that the memory on the
box continues to grow at a small rate from start to stop. But I am not sure how
accurate that is.

Now I am running slackware 9.1 with kernel 2.4.23 with mysql 3.23 build 50 with InnoDB
support. I checked the my.cnf
file and found the following:

The box is a dual xeon 2.4Ghz with 2GB of RAM

__alloc_pages: 0-order allocation failed (gfp=0x1d2/0)
VM: killing process mysqld-max

Where do I start to find out if the problem is with mysql ? or our application ? It
appears that the mysqld-max process
will try and use all the memory in the box and so the kernel will kill the process.

Also if I used mysqld_safe would it restart after this ?

--
Michael Gale
Network Administrator